Where did Saturday go? By the time I realized I missed writing this post, I was engaged with grand girl activities.
1. SKYPE visit with Carole Boston Weatherford, author of Birmingham, 1963. What I noticed from the students was the extreme disbelief that anything like this could happen. They asked great questions.
2. Picture treasures from students. One left in a book. Note the spiders. I love spiders.
3. Reading Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds. Upon completion, a kinder boy told me that Jasper Rabbit used a helicopter to hover over the carrots and get some to eat after building the fence.
4. Kinders using the computer lab. This is the second year the kinder teachers and I have collaborated on this.
5. Halloween as Grandma Spider.