Every week, people gather at Ruth Ayre Writes to share our weekly celebrations.
1. Being flexible. I had a Readers’ Choice Book Talk event with the public librarian that needed to be rescheduled to December. I feel for all classroom teachers. They are handed things to do at a moments’ notice anymore. Things that one wonders if it is truly what’s best for kids. It seems they are always assessing in the name of data. So I knew that I could be flexible and change the date.
2. The view of Mt. Hood on the way home from school on Tuesday. The mountain was glowing against the grey sky. The photo doesn’t do it justice.
3. Lunch and catching up with a college friend on Wednesday(no school). It’s so nice to be able to go to lunch mid-week.
4. Thanksgiving. My oldest grandgirl stayed overnight. She helped with making cranberry sauce and tried her hand at peeling yams. This was not to her liking which was fine. Dinner was great. Later I met up with her mom for late night shopping. For me, it’s the experience. I never have to have anything and I have never seen poor behavior.
5. An email from a friend that let me know she does read my Slice of Life Posts at Deowriter. I wasn’t aware. It was such a good email.
What are you celebrating?
Especially love your kitchen helper! Even if she didn’t like the yam thing, she will remember the time she spent with her grandma!
It’s hard to peel yams! But love seeing the pictures, of your kitchen helper and the awesome pic of Mt. Hood. I’ve seen it from an airplane a couple of times, just so beautiful, even startling! Sounds as if you had a nice, nice week!
You had the best kitchen helper…memories in the making. Mt. Hood glowed in that photograph, incredibly beautiful, and to think that it’s your commuting view!
I know, Tara. I have been known to stop for sunrise pics.